The Texas Coalition for Animal Protection (TCAP) is hosting low-cost spay and neuter clinic for Collin County.
The next clinic is Tuesday, Sept. 6 at the county’s animal shelter, located in McKinney at 4750 Community.
Another clinic, set for Sept. 12., will involve a “transfer clinic,” meaning your pets will be taken to Denton for the spay/neuter procedure and brought back to McKinney the same day. You can drop off your pet at Collin County Animal Services between 8 and 9 that morning, and pick them up between 4 and 5 p.m.
Rates are very reasonable, TCAP is a non-profit organization, and all procedures are performed by licensed, caring Veterinarians.
You need to schedule an appointment for this clinic with TCAP folks at 940-566-5551 as soon as possible. Please read the details below for charges and requirements.
Vaccinations for the Sept. 12 clinic can be performed on pets scheduled for surgery, but there will not be a separate vaccination clinic on that day.
Under 50 lbs. $50
50-80 lbs. $55
Over 80 lbs. $80
(Add $10 for E-Collar)
Under 50 lbs. $40
50-80 lbs. $50
Over 80 lbs. $70
Heartworm Test $20
Heartworm Preventative $20-30
FeLV/FIV Test $20
General Dewormer $5
• All pets must have written proof of a current rabies vaccine or receive the vaccine at the time of surgery for $5.
• There is an additional $10 charge for in-season females, and an additional $20 fee for pregnant females.
• There is an additional $20 fee for dogs over 100 lb.
• There is an additional $20 fee for male dogs or cats that only have one testicle descended.
• All pets must have an appointment for surgery.